Working at home for over a year has changed a lot of aspects of our routines. I mean, how long does it take you to leave the house nowadays? For me with two kids, give us an hour head start 😂
But seriously, one of the things that gets me about working from home is the constant access to food. It's important to keep healthy snacks on hand so you don't overdo it. Even if you're heading back to the office, you can take these healthy snacks on the go and kick those cravings throughout your workday.
Healthy snacks for work
- Veggies - Having veggies with a healthy dip is a great option for something quick while working at home. My fav is celery and a Greek yogurt dip!
- Almonds - Nuts are a great snack because they're filling and taste great. My choice is almonds - salt free and lightly roasted. Be sure to choose a healthy option because how some are prepared removes the nutritional value.
- Protein Shakes- If you have a sweet tooth (like me), I always sub a protein shake chocolate or vanilla with almond milk, PB and ½ a banana!
- Oats - Not just for breakfast, oats actually make a great snack. Throw some fruit in there and it'll give it the flavor it needs.
- Kale chips - If you're not a fan of raw kale, don't you worry, kale chips are a delicious crispy snack! Just sprinkle a bit of oil and salt and pop them in the over or air fryer to cook. Get your daily serving of veggies with no dressing needed.
- String Cheese - it’s a great source of protein and a healthy fat. Quick and easy!
There are many more healthy snack options out there, but remember everything in moderation! Set yourself up for success by “meal prepping” snacks just like you do your meals. Be mindful of your intake and why you're eating - if you're bored occupy your mind! Try to make sure you only eat when hungry.
Whether you're working from home or heading to the office, Love and Fit activewear can be dressed up or down for every day!