We all have different goals for working out! 🏋️♀️
Me, personally, I'm always looking to strengthen my core and shape up my backside. Remember, as with any of your goals to gain, it’s just as much about what you put into your body as what you do with your body.
Five Go-to Tips to Get a Bigger Butt
- You need to EAT, make sure you are eating enough protein and carbs to build that muscle. Chicken is my go to for protein and I love rice, sweet potatoes or quinoa for carbs. Try to add these routinely into your diet to increase your muscle mass.
- Lift, and Lift Heavy! Progressive overload, when you gradually increase your weight, reps, or the amount of times you lift, is where it's at! Push yourself to increase something and you’ll start to see results.
- Make sure you’re doing hip thrusts and squats as a main part of your routine. When doing hip thrusts, you can either lay on the floor or on the edge of the bench, and squeeze your glutes while thrusting up towards the sky. For your squats, make sure your legs remain shoulder length apart and bend your knees until your thighs make a 90 degree angle. Keep your feet planted and power through.
The great thing about hip thrusts and squats is you can add weights to both to increase the impact!
- Establish a mind to muscle connection; you shouldn’t just move through the exercise to finish it, you should engage. Really focus on your glutes and squeezing them during each exercise. Oh, and it wouldn’t hurt to tighten your core while you’re at it!
- This fifth tip is a fun one, kick backs on the Smith Machine. Basically you get on all fours, on the bench and kick back lifting the bar with your leg. It can be a little challenging to keep your balance at first, but it really works once you get the hang of it! And as you’re getting used to it, you can start with just the bar and add weight if you choose.
If you’re still unsure how to do it, check out Fitness Volt for how-to!